Yes, dogs can eat zucchini, and it is perfectly safe for dogs. You can give your dogs finely cut raw or cooked zucchini in small amounts. Make sure to buy only organic zucchini for your dog.
Why should you give zucchini to dogs
This veggie is high in minerals, fiber, vitamins and low in calories. It helps in controlling blood pressure. Zucchini helps in washing away all the toxins from the body and prevents dogs from all types of diseases.
It can prevent diseases like arthritis and asthma that are quite common in dogs. It is also good for digestive health because of its high fiber content. This veggie can keep your dog’s fur, eyes, and skin in good health.
Nutrient contents in zucchini
- Vitamin – A, C, D, K B6
- Protein 23
- Dietary fiber
How to give zucchini to your dog?
Here are three ways to give this crunchy treat to your dog:
Method 1: Raw zucchini
Wash your zucchini, remove the peel, cut it into bite-sized slices and give.
Method 2: Zucchini omelet
If your dog is not fond of veggies and he thinks that they are just a play toy, hide your zucchini in the egg.
- Take two eggs, beat them until they turn into a smooth liquid.
- Peel and grate 1 cup zucchini.
- Mix both the ingredients
- Take a pan, add one tablespoon of olive oil.
- Add your content into the pan and cook from both sides.
- Serve it to your dog when it cools off without salt.
Method 3: Zucchini bread
- Peel and grate 2 cups of zucchini
- Beat two eggs
- Take a floor and mix zucchini and eggs with it and make a smooth dough.
- Pour it into your loaf pans
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 minutes.
- To serve, let it cool.
- Now, cut your bread loaf, top it with some curd or peanut butter and let your dog enjoy the goodness of this veggie.
Can zucchini harm dogs?
Zucchini and all parts of this plant are edible, but your dog is not meant to eat vegetables.
Therefore, to be on the safe side, avoid giving him raw veggie.
Don’t give him the skin of zucchini.
Never let your dog go near the zucchini plant.
Never put your dog in only zucchini diet and don’t feed him a large quantity of this veggie.
If he shows any signs of constipation or indigestion after eating it, see your vet.
Please like, share and subscribe to our blog, if you care for your pet’s health. Leave your suggestions and queries in the comment section and we will get in touch soon.